Science notebooks can be used to help students develop, practice, and refine the science understanding, while also enhancing reading, writing, mathematics and communications.
Characteristics Of Inquiry-Based Instruction
- Teachers create situations for students to solve problems.
- Students make connections to previous knowledge.
- Students bring their own questions to learning.
- Students design a way to try out their own ideas.
- Investigations may extend over a long period of time.
- Students communicate via journal writing, oral presentations, drawing, graphing, charting, etc.
- Students revise explanations as they learn.